In this workshop, students will gain a solid understanding of how to make the canes I use in my work, using hand pigmented, translucent polymer clay. Different materials for pigmenting will be covered, and the different effects one can achieve.
I will also show the best ways I've discovered to laminate with these translucent canes (using simple polymer clay tiles we will make in the workshop).
The goal of this unique cane technique is to add depth and movement in polymer cane work, as well as gaining control of the colors one uses. I pack as much as I can into my classes, so be ready to soak up as much as possible! Students will not leave with a finished project, but that is ok! They will leave this workshop with a head full of ideas and inspiration, and a nice collection of canes to play with.
My approach to teaching is to help my students reflect on their own creative process, raise issues that are important for the creative soul to survive and grow, and ultimately... help students find their own unique voices.
Melanie West Workshop
Terms & Conditions
- Class size is 8 minimum / 20 maximum
- Payment in full is required at time of booking
- If the Workshop is cancelled by the LPCG, a full refund will be issued
- Travel, accommodation and food are not included
- Refunds on cancellations will only be considered if the place is taken and paid for by another student.
- Any refund, due to student cancelling, will be subject to an administration fee of £20
Clay, normal polymer clay tools, pasta machine, worksurface, blade, roller – full list on the LPCG website (address below).