May Clay Day - Focus on COLOUR
Date and Time
About this event
On this day, we will be making mosaic beads to explore the effect of colour placement, continuing to develop our instinctive colour mixing and revisiting pivot beads.
To get the most out of the day you should bring:
- Usual clay day kit = pasta machine, blade, worksurface, clay.
- A range of polymer clay colours, including the primaries (blue, yellow and magenta) plus black, white and scrap
- A small cookie cutter for measuring (squares work well)
- An inspirational image for instinctual colour mixing. Some postcards will be provided, but feel free to bring your own
- A long straight knitting needle for making the base of the mosaic beads
ABOUT THE DAY
Each day runs from 10am-4pm and our current venue is Greenside Community Centre, 24 Lilestone Street, Marylebone, London, NW8 8SR.
We usually have one or more demonstrations by volunteers from the group; we try to let you know in advance what these will be and whether you need to bring anything special .
We are a very friendly group and people are usually willing to offer advice and guidance to beginners on an ad-hoc basis. However we often also run a short session for complete beginners, our "Nursery Group" - if you would like to be included in this please let us know as part of your booking.
You may take still photos (unobtrusively!!!) during the demos, but in fairness to our demonstrators, please do not video any of the demos. Please don't post your photos onto Facebook or other social media after the event.
SHOW & TELL TABLE
In addition we have a “Show-and-Tell” table at each Day. Members can use this to display and talk about a recent creation, or to ask for help in solving a problem. If you don't bring anything to show, you're quite likely to have your (polymer!) jewellery removed at the door by Carol!
Please be aware that pieces on the Show and Tell table WILL be photographed and posted on our website and facebook site.
Lastly, the table is called 'Show and Tell' for a reason - please be willing to answer questions abour your process and techniques - that's how everyone learns!
- London Polymer Group Clay Day£20£200£0