March 2018 Clay Day
Date and Time
About this event
ABOUT THE DAY
Each day runs from 10am-4pm and the venue for this particular day is Warwick Community Hall, 300 Harrow Road, London W2 5HG.
Please note closest tube lines are Royal Oak
KIT YOU WILL NEED TO BRING TO EACH CLAY DAY
Polymer clay and scrap clay
- Pasta machine and clamp (sorry no motors)
- Worksurface such as formica, tile or glass chopping board
- Usual tools – craft knife, needle tool, tissue blade, measure, cookie cutters
- Wet wipes
- Note pad and pen
- You may need additional equipment for specific techniques - please check out the timetable for the day.
- There are lots of tables but please would you bring some sort of table protection such as polythene – a split open bin bag would be OK.
SPECIAL KIT REQUIRED FOR THIS MEETING
We usually have one or more demonstrations by volunteers from the group; we try to let you know in advance what these will be and whether you need to bring anything special
We are a very friendly group and people are usually willing to offer advice and guidance to beginners on an ad-hoc basis. However we often also run a short session for complete beginners, our "Nursery Group" - if you would like to be included in this please let us know as part of your booking.
You may take still photos (unobtrusively!!!) during the demos, but in fairness to our demonstrators, please do not video any of the demos. Please don't post your photos onto Facebook or other social media after the event.
SHOW & TELL TABLE
In addition we have a “Show-and-Tell” table at each Day. Members can use this to display and talk about a recent creation, or to ask for help in solving a problem. If you don't bring anything to show, you're quite likely to have your (polymer!) jewellery removed at the door by Carol!
Please be aware that pieces on the Show and Tell table WILL be photographed and posted on our website and facebook site.
Lastly, the table is called 'Show and Tell' for a reason - please be willing to answer questions abour your process and techniques - that's how everyone learns!
- London Polymer Group Clay Day£20£200£0